Hey , guys we all have same goal as bloggers- to help others and monetize our talents,But with so many different products out there, it can be hard to decide what’s worth buying and what isn’t.
So today I’m sharing an EXTENSIVE list of all of the blogging resources and blog software that I use and recommend as a blogging business .
SETTING UP YOUR BLOG
HOSTING & DOMAINS
- Bluehost: I’ve used Bluehost since Day 1 and still use them to this day. I recommend using shared hosting to begin with (which is what I did) and then upgrading to VPS hosting as you grow (which is what I use for some of my sites now).
Here is my step-by-step tutorial on how to setup your blog with WordPress.org and Bluehost.
- Squarespace Tech Support (If you’re signed in, they also have a live chat support)
- WordPress.org Forums
- Upwork (This is where I found all of my freelancers!)
RUNNING YOUR SITE
- Ewww Image Optimizer WordPress plugin to compress your images
- W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin to increase site performance
- Upgrade your hosting plan or switch from a shared hosting plan to a Virtual Private Server (VPS) plan. Bluehost offers these VPS prices, which I have personally used before.
- Akismet plugin for free cloud-based and anti-spam plugins
BACKUP YOUR SITE
- BackWPup plugin (For WordPress- can be used with Dropbox, which is also free.)
STORAGE SPACE FOR FILES, PHOTOS, ETC.
*Note: Yes, I’m incredibly old-fashioned and I use notebooks and legal pads to write the majority of my outlines for videos and blog posts. With a young kiddo at home, I try to limit how much he sees me sit in front of a computer. Writing this way helps with that goal.
DESIGN AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- Point (WordPress)
- Five (Squarespace)
- Station Seven (Both Squarespace and WordPress designs!): You can see my full review on the Acadia design here!
- Bluechic (WordPress only)
- StudioPress by Copyblogger (WordPress only)
- 99 Designs
GRAPHIC DESIGNS (DIY)
GRAPHIC DESIGNS (FOR PURCHASE)
- Design Seeds
- Get Colors from Image (Just upload an image and it’ll tell you the exact HEX codes. Life saver!)
VIDEO & FILMING
- Vimeo Pro (Great for hosting videos you’d like to keep private or more exclusive, like the content we use in our membership club, the Blogging Business Club.)
RUNNING A BLOGGING BUSINESS
- Read AFFILIATE MARKETING: BEST PROGRAMS FOR BLOGGERS here
- Read THE BEST AD NETWORKS FOR BLOGGERS: EVEN FOR NEWBIES! here
WHERE TO SELL YOUR PRODUCTS
- Teachable (electronic products like courses, workbooks, ebooks, etc. I’ve been using them for 4+ years and still love them!)
- Amazon KDP Select Program (ebooks)
- Gumroad (ebooks and downloads)
- Excel spreadsheet or Google Sheets
- QuickBooks (Get 50% off the Self-Employed software, which is what I use, by using my link here)
- Freshbooks (for freelance work if you’re invoicing people, etc.)
NETWORKING & COACHING
- YouTube Live
EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE
SOCIAL MEDIA SCHEDULERS
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?